„The professional realization of the digital assessment center by ITO has shown us that this is a valid alternative to personal meetings. We will certainly consider this option more often in the future – whether it is to test the digital skills of the candidates during the recruitment process or to save candidates from abroad a long journey.“
Human Resources, Ecolab
ITO conducts selection procedures for expert and management positions for Ecolab Austria, which normally take place at the ITO office in Vienna. With the advent of COVID-19 containment measures, Ecolab faced the challenge of providing candidates with a secure alternative to the standard selection process in the short term or postponing the filling of the position indefinitely in the midst of the recruitment process for a key sales position.
Within a very short time, the Austrian ITO team completely changed the selection procedure to an online assessment. All elements – from the multidimensional questionnaire to the structured interview and role play – were integrated into the digital assessment centre. In order to offer the candidates comparable requirements and a pleasant atmosphere, the ITO consultant team provided clear instructions for the online implementation before the start.
The digital assessment centre included the following elements:
- a multi-dimensional questionnaire that looks at motivators, professional interests, thinking styles and key personality traits, as well as logical and numerical thinking
- a structured online interview based on the Ecolab competency model
- a simulation of a negotiation situation tailored to the company
- summary evaluation and detailed feedback interviews
Benefits for Ecolab
At ITO we have many years of experience in the implementation of online assessment and development measures on an international level and across time zones. Therefore, we can easily map and implement proven methods online using proven tools. By converting to an online assessment center, Ecolab benefits from:
- Safe execution of the candidate assessment in times of home office and social distancing
- Continuity in the recruiting process through quick and uncomplicated changeover to proven online concepts and tried and tested tools
- Comparability of selection procedures by mapping the methods used so far (leadership simulations, role plays, case studies and multidimensional test procedures) in the new online environment
- Pleasant atmosphere thanks to personal support and preparation of the candidates by the ITO consultant team
ITO is an international company founded 27 years ago in Austria which focuses on diagnostics and the development of individuals, teams and organizations. The company consists of 60 consultants, coaches and trainers in 13 European countries and works with more than 200 globally operating customers from a wide range of industries, including Coca-Cola Hellenic, Paysafe, VIG and Wuerth.
With almost three million customer sites, Ecolab is a reliable partner and the world’s leading provider of technologies and services in the fields of water, hygiene and energy technologies for the protection of people and vital resources. Around the world, customers in the foodservice, food processing, hospitality, healthcare, industrial and oil and gas sectors choose Ecolab products and services to keep their environment clean and safe, operate efficiently and achieve their sustainability goals.